We often hear from graduates seeking information about resources regarding the law school application process and pursuing a career in the legal profession. The good new is - whether you graduated last year or last decade, we are here to help!
The Pre-Law Advising Services Office (PLAS) provides advising services and resources to alumni and has extensive experience assisting alumni through the law school exploration and application process. Our office works with alumni on considering transition from careers to a legal education, the application process, and planning strategies for gap year experiences. Whether you are exploring, or currently pursuing application to law school, our office is here to help!
What services and assistance can Pre-Law Advising Services provide to Illinois alumni?
- Advising Appointments with a Pre-Law Advisor
- Guidance exploring legal education and legal careers
- Assistance making a timeline and setting short-term and longer-term priorities and goals toward law school
- Help understanding the law school application process
- Support as you apply to law school--from opening your CAS account to reviewing your personal statement and resume to make decisions on the right school for you!
To make an appointment and for more details: Visit our Appointments page here.
We offer two types of appointments: (1) general advising appointments, and (2) document review appointments to provide insights on applications materials, including resumes, personal statements, and addendums. Appointments are conducted in person, via telephone, or via Zoom.
Currently in-person appointments are suspended for the 2020-2021 academic year due to restrictions related to COVID-19.