The I Am Ready program is designed to support diverse pre-law students in central Illinois who belong to populations traditionally underrepresented within the legal profession. The program aims to support students from many different diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to race, national origin, gender identity, first-generation, sexual orientation, disability, and socioeconomics.
In addition, the I Am Ready program is made available to undergraduate students at the University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign campus and other designated institutions in central Illinois each year. The IAR program is designed for students who anticipate application to law school in the most immediate upcoming application cycle. Stay tuned for additional details for the 2024 application process.
Below is an example of additional eligibility requirements used for the 2023 cohort:
- Be a current undergraduate student with anticipated graduation dates of December 2023, May 2024, or August 2024,
- Be a current undergraduate student intending to apply to law school during the 2023-2024 application cycle, and
- Be enrolled at one of the following undergraduate institutions:
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Eastern Illinois University
- Illinois State University
- Illinois Wesleyan University
- Millikin University.