Pre-Law Registered Student Organizations
University of Illinois has several pre-law RSO's, including the following. Click here for a complete, searchable listing of RSOs.
- Minority Association of Future Attorneys (MAFA). Follow MAFA on Twitter here. Email: email@example.com
- Pre-Law Honors Society. Explore their website here. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illinois Trial Team. Explore their website here.
Additional Pre-Law Resources
This is a great starting point for exploring law school/legal careers, learning what law schools are looking for, and understanding each element of the law school application process.
- Every Monday we post on and off campus opportunities for Illinois pre-law student and alumni like law school open houses, speakers, internships, scholarships, and job opportunities
- Every Wednesday we post about relevant topics like LSAT updates, legal jobs, personal statements, gap years, and more.
Pre-Law Social Media
Pre-Law Compass Page
Have you explored our Pre-Law Compass page? There we share videos (including our Pre-Law 101 video), handouts, Illinois law school applicant profiles, and helpful handouts.
It's easy to add yourself to our Compass page--just follow these simple steps.
1. Login to Compass
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Browse Course Catalog"
3. Type Pre-Law into the search box and click "Go"
4. Go to the right of the course ID and click on the drop down menu (the circle with the downward arrow) that appears
5. Select Enroll (after clicking on the drop down menu arrow)
6. The Pre-Law Advising page will appear in the "My Courses" section of your Compass homepage.
*Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for a newly enrolled course to appear in your My Courses menu